A new vision for Center Grove schools is emerging. Center Grove’s superintendent has outlined areas he hopes the school board will move forward with.
Among the possibilities are:
• A performing arts magnet school for Grades 1-6.
• More online classes.
• A daycare for children of students and faculty.
• A preschool.
• Expanding four elementary schools.
• Renovating the school’s media centers and opening them in the evening.
• Hiring assistant elementary school principals.
Superintendent Richard Arkanoff said he talked to hundreds of people before coming up with the suggestions and hopes the ideas get board members thinking about what comes next for the school district. He stressed that what he outlined are only ideas and that any initiative must be approved by the school board.