For nearly 100 years, an architectural marvel has stood watch over fields of corn and soybeans near Franklin.
The barn was constructed it in 1918. It has been part of Michael Dragoo’s farm since his grandfather purchased the property in 1946.
Sturdy wooden beams, cut from trees less than a mile from the farm, are anchored in hardened dirt base. The pieces were connected with massive pins that held the structure together. Ribs made of the timbers hold up the roof, which has been replaced over the years to hold off the elements.