Colts owner Irsay pleads guilty to misdemeanor in drug case stemming from March traffic stop

Fires damage three homes across Johnson County




Three homes across Johnson County were damaged in fires overnight, and each started when homeowners were trying to keep warm, fire officials said.

The first fire was at 6:23 p.m. Monday in a home at 3943 Tamara Way in Knollwood Farms. The fire started in the fireplace and then spread into the attic, said Chuck Ridpath, Franklin Fire Department spokesman.

The homeowner and his family were home when the fire started, and were able to make it outside safely, he said. Fire officials did not yet have an estimate of damage.

A second fire started at about 2:30 a.m. in a home in the 700 block of County Road 100W.

Homeowners woke up smelling smoke and they and their child got out of the home. Firefighters found that flames had spread from a fireplace into the home's floorboards, Bargersville Fire Chief Jason Ramey said.

The home was damaged, but will still be liveable once repairs are made, Ramey said.

Firefighters were called to a third house fire just before 6 a.m. when a space heater in a garage caught fire. A  homeowner at 5481 W. Whiteland Road was working on his vehicle, and some fuel got onto the floor. A space heater in the garage caught fire, Ramey said.

Read Wednesday's Daily Journal for more information.

 

comments powered by Disqus

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.