Local organizations need money, food, willing volunteers

Photo Gallery:

Click to view (4 Photos)

If you or your family is looking to make a donation this holiday season, here is your guide. Local helping agencies aim to provide food, medical care and presents for hundreds of Johnson County families. But each organization needs help. Here’s a look at some of those organizations and what they need the most.

United Way

What’s needed: Money for programs

Where the donations go: Toward the organization’s programs, as well as the 20 local agencies it supports, such as the Boys and Girls Club and the American Red Cross

How to donate: Drop off monetary donations at 2525 N. Morton St., Franklin or mail them to P.O. Box 153, Franklin, IN 46131. Money also can be donated through the organization’s website, uwjc.org.

American Red Cross of Greater Indianapolis

What’s needed: Money for disaster relief

Where the donations go: To disaster relief nationwide and in central Indiana

How to donate: Mail checks to 441 E. 10th St., Indianapolis, IN 46202. Call 684-1441 to make a credit card contribution, or visit www.redcross-indy.org/Donate to donate online.

St. Thomas Clinic

What’s needed: Money to pay for medical tests for low-income residents

Where the donations go: Johnson County residents who are uninsured can receive free, non-emergency medical care at the clinic between 9 a.m. and noon Wednesdays and two Saturdays a month.

How to donate: Mail monetary donations to 600 Paul Hand Blvd., Franklin, IN 46131; or call 535-6057 to get information on dropping off donations.

The full story is available to subscribers only.

Subscribers can read the entire story online by signing in here.

Not a subscriber? Become one today for as little as $11 by clicking here.

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.