New drug, familiar dangers

The Johnson County sheriff wants parents to hear and remember a story from earlier this year: On Mother’s Day weekend, police had to tell parents their child had died of a drug overdose.

After Sheriff Doug Cox talks about telling Jeanine Motsay that her 16-year-old son, Samuel Motsay, died from taking a new hallucinogen, Jeanine Motsay will talk about her life since then.

Local police and members of the Drug Enforcement Administration will share facts at a forum next month about the drug Samuel Motsay took, called 25i-NBOMe, or N-Bomb. The drug has killed at least two people in Indiana, and Cox wants local parents to know about the hallucinogen’s risks so they can talk about those dangers with their children.

The full story is available to subscribers only.

Subscribers can read the entire story online by signing in here.

Not a subscriber? Become one today for as little as $11 by clicking here.

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.