Search for missing man suspended




The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended the search for the father of a teenage pilot, who has been missing since their plane crashed in the Pacific Ocean last week.

Rescue crews have been looking for 58-year-old Babar Suleman since the plane he and his son, 17-year-old Haris Suleman, were flying went down Tuesday night. Multiple agencies have searched 4,874 square nautical miles for about 70 hours but have found no sign of Babar Suleman, a U.S. Coast Guard news release said.

By suspending the search, the Coast Guard will stop actively looking for Babar Suleman unless any evidence is found that he’s still alive, Coast Guard public affairs specialist Melissa McKenzie said.

This story appears in the print edition of Daily Journal. Subscribers can read the entire story online by signing in here or in our e-Edition by clicking here.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.