Officials say central Indiana woman burned when candle ignited spray paint fumes in closet

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


COLUMBUS, Indiana — Authorities say a central Indiana woman suffered flash burns when a candle ignited spray paint fumes inside a closet.

Columbus Fire Department Capt. Mike Wilson says Sabrina Frasier told firefighters she was painting the closet Monday when the odor intensified and she decided to light a candle. Wilson tells The Republic (http://bit.ly/1rjTF2U) that the paint vapors ignited when she re-entered the closet carrying the candle.

Frasier was taken to the burn unit at Eskenazi (es-kah-NAH'-zee) Hospital in Indianapolis, where she was listed in good condition.

Fire damage was limited to the closet.


Information from: The Republic, http://www.therepublic.com/

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.